Updated: June 16, 2021
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you when you visit the Website. Our web servers use certain technologies to automatically collect the details of your visit, including but not limited to operating system, browser type and language, internet domain and host names, IP addresses, the pages you request on the Website, the dates and times that the Website is accessed and how long you spend on each page, and the details of the website you linked from to the Website. For further information, please see the section under the heading “Cookies” below.
We collect the information you voluntarily provide to us if you contact us. For example, our Website may enable you to submit requests for certain information. If you voluntarily submit information to our Website, we may record any Personal Information you provide, including but not limited to your name, title, address, phone and fax numbers, email address, and company name, type, description, and URL.
Please also note that we may have certain legal and regulatory responsibilities to verify the identity of clients/customers and may need to make certain inquiries and obtain certain information from you for that purpose. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may disclose such information as we consider necessary to comply with any reporting or legal and regulatory requirements (as described under the heading “Disclosure of Personal Information” below).
Use of Personal Information, Including Marketing
In general, the Personal Information we collect from you is used:
- to monitor, improve, and administer the Website and the information and services provided on the Website, or for our internal business purposes;
- to fulfil your requests for information, products, or services;
- to communicate with you; and
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and related internal business procedures.
We may also use Personal Information for marketing our own and selected third parties’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone, or through other means, and we may use your Personal Information to send you newsletters, announcements, and invitations that we think you may be interested in.
Where we use Personal Information, we make sure that the usage complies with the law, and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Information for a variety of reasons. These include:
- where we have obtained your consent;
- to perform our contractual obligations with you;
- where we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- where the use of Personal Information, as described, is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business; and
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures.
Security and Export of Personal Information
We have implemented certain measures reasonably designed to secure Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Despite the measures we take to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access or disclosure, the Internet is an inherently unsecure environment; therefore, we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of your Personal Information. We make no warranty whatsoever to you, express or implied, regarding the security of the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to, among other things, errors in transmission, unauthorised third-party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- any of our affiliated entities (including entities outside your country as described under the heading “International Transfers of Information” below);
- contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including companies that perform marketing services on our behalf;
- buyer(s) or other successor(s) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including during negotiations of the foregoing to prospective buyer(s)), whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding;
- any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose Personal Information:
- if we reasonably believe we are required or authorised by law, law enforcement agencies, the court service and/or regulators, the government, or private parties in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation, or
similar proceeding anywhere in the world, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or comply with our reporting, legal, or regulatory requirements;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with the rights, property, or safety of any party;
- to establish, exercise, or defend our rights or property or those of any of our affiliated entities or users of the Website; or
- to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of applicable laws or regulations.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Where we transfer your Personal Information to another country, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. For example, in relation to transfers of data from Europe to a country outside of Europe, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Information.
- The recipient might have signed up to a contract based on terms approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Information.
- Where the recipient is located in the U.S., it might be a certified member of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield scheme.
- In other circumstances, the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Information outside of Europe.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Information when it is transferred outside of Europe (including, where appropriate, a copy of the European Commission approved terms) by contacting us and using the details provided under the heading “Questions” below.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws to access or update your Personal Information held by us and to object, where legitimate, to the processing of data relating to you. These rights may include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Information and access to the Personal Information we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or to request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible (please note that this right only applies to Personal Information that you have provided to us);
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Information, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances (again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request); and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You may contact us as described below to exercise your rights. Exercising certain rights may be subject to a fee as provided by law or otherwise to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you, and there may be certain categories of information we are entitled not to provide.
In order to ensure that your Personal Information remains accurate, please notify us of any changes to the Personal Information that you have provided using the contact details provided under the heading “Questions” below.
Retention of Personal Information
How long we hold your Personal Information will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria, including:
- the purpose for which we are using it—we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations—laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Information.
The Website is not designed for children under 13 years of age, and we do not seek to collect any information from children. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website.